Report the Problem: Take Action

The best way to report a labor law violation or file a wage claim to recover your unpaid wages is to gather the facts about your employment situation. Some of the detail you gather is identified below. It isn't necessary to have all of the information listed below but it will help explain the situation and the problem.

In California, all workers are protected by labor laws. It does not matter where you were born or whether you have papers to work. The Labor Commissioner's Office will not ask about your immigration status or report your immigration status to other government agencies. You do not need a social security number or photo identification in order to file a claim or report a violation.